Dirty car

I get the point -- that this is a MiniCooper unlike the other models -- but why any advertising manager would want to imply their car is a bastard is beyond me.


What's doubly curious about this recent ad that appeared on the back cover of this week's Entertainment Weekly is how -- with the same background black and use of silver -- it almost seems to be intended as one big spread, an odd juxtapostion of the innuendo-laden headline with the cover blurb mentioning singer Usher's "wild past."


NOTE: Maybe you've noticed the new title for my blog. I've been trying to come up with something that better encompasses the type of postings I specialize in, and this seems pretty good to me. Same web address, though -- no need to change bookmarks (you have bookmarked this site, right?).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV star skewers Minneapolis advertising egos

Not just hyperbole

Lois and Ogilvy on The Big Idea